Captain Charisma
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.

Archeage Information

We will be playing on the Eanna server on Archeage.

Faction: East

TS Details: ts.soa-chimaera.eu:7803

If your not currently signed up as playing Archeage with us, Please reply to this section with your name.

Second Lieutenant
    Drat - only got this today and already playing on Dahuta - East faction (Firran).

Game is pretty good apart from the land grabbers and heavy queue times and game DCs. I just hope its not another game that is being released too early - i.e. major technical problems with server overload etc.

Good gaming guys.

So, I was wondering, I was looking at ArcheAge and it all seems fine. The leveling system seems a bit dull, but I am a bit worried about the in-game shop which sells items and boni for crafting... Since crafting is for high-end gear, doesn't that make this game into a Pay To Win game, or is it not that bad?

Second Lieutenant
    Hi Diligon, haven't managed to get past 35 at the moment so can't answer your question re high-end gear. The game is fairly easy to play and the graphics are good. They've sorted most of the problems caused by Glyph login servers (3K queues for patron and 8K queues for FTP) which meant a lot of players on the EU server (I think NA had similar probs) had to spend 3 - 8 hours queue just to get in an play. So Trion opened up new servers but that didn't help so they restrictions most of the servers (including original 4) so no new characters could be created. Restrictions have now been lifted.

Unfortunately, and this is a gripe shared by a lot of players, is the lack of land on which to build. Trion adverts are misleading - just because you pay for patron status does not give you land. In fact on the Dahuta server where I am most of the land was taken during the 4 day head start which meant new patrons didn't have much of a chance to grab land for their farm etc. I was in the head start but thanks to game problems, queues etc. (Trion apparently didn't expect so many players) only managed to put down my 8x8 farm (quest reward) and have been unable to find any land since for the 16x16 and farmhouse that I carry with me - just in case.

The land restrictions have created a situation which, in my opinion, may put a lot of players off. When a plot is about to come free i.e. rent wasn't paid so building about to be demolished, you get 30-50 players trying to click on the spot. Some of the large guilds will take the criminal penalty to put on bloodlust and kill/force other (same faction) players away from that spot so their own guild mate can get it. If that wasn't bad enough there are claims on the Archeage forums that bots are also targeting these plots using macros and when they get the plot it is sold the next day to highest bidder.

However if you aren't interested in the land (grow stuff for crafting etc. and trade runs) then the game is fun to play and I'm enjoying questing and gaining levels to survive the pvp element of the game. Another neat aspect is the war zones - on the Harani side there are 3 which go through different levels from "peace" to "war". Whilst at peace enemy factions can't touch you but in the war state - it is open pvp. So if you have plots in those zones you do what you can during the peace period and get out once war hits

Newbie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diligon View Post
    So, I was wondering, I was looking at ArcheAge and it all seems fine. The leveling system seems a bit dull, but I am a bit worried about the in-game shop which sells items and boni for crafting... Since crafting is for high-end gear, doesn't that make this game into a Pay To Win game, or is it not that bad?
    Most free to play games are some sort of pay to win. Personally, Id much rather pay 60$ and then be done with the buying stuffs... but people these days want to play now, pay later so thats what they get.

Quote Originally Posted by ZforZorroXD View Post
    Most free to play games are some sort of pay to win. Personally, Id much rather pay 60$ and then be done with the buying stuffs... but people these days want to play now, pay later so thats what they get.
    Yeah indeed. However, I did find certain Free to Play games not as much pay to win. Tera for example, but what Arche does with Labor poins, crafting and all that... It seems a bit cheated.

I also played a little bit of ArcheAge, I do like the class system a lot. I can finally play a rogue again, I chose for Primeval. but the graphics -even with the CryEngine 3- are somewhat dissapointing. Most games with the CryEngine3 have some serious kick-ass graphics.

Apart from that, the game does seem pretty solid, I might try it again later but for now l'll stick to my ''wanna-be rogue''-Nightblade in ESO.