Main Forum

WvW invasion Thursday 6th september 6 GMT

4 replies
Votes:
We will invade the server who has the most points (jade sea i think was winning pretty hard last time i checked).

Out of game preperations:

Im assuming everyone that is online will be participating. I don't know if our Rift guild is raiding, but incase our TS isnt big enough, we might have to move to the alliance TS (info @ the server sticky). EVERYONE needs to be on TS for this, we will NOT be communicating by typing, only orders or positions will be typed in chat but you have to be able to listen the leaders. Set yourselves up correctly as to not all talk at the same time (push to talk is preferred). Evergreen, Adokaum and me will be leading, so listen to us when we speak. Only speak when no one else is speaking, avoid all talking at the same time and try and prevent any discussion on TS. If you have an opinion on what we should do, say so when it's quiet or we tell you to speak up and everyone else to be quiet. Evergreen, adokaum and me will take what people have to say into consideration and decide from there.

Which map we will go to will be determined closer to the start. From 6 GMT (that is 7 UK and 8 GMT+1), I expect everyone to participate. Even if you are low level or starting an alt, i want everyone to experience WvW as a organized guild to demonstrate what influence some co-ordination can have (or lack there off). Our role will be strike team or vanguard, if we compare our style to alliance terms. Strike teams are relatively small and focus on towers/camps with siegeweapons. Vanguard is meant for taking tower and keeps, but also holding them against a counter attack. Depending on our numbers we will do either of these 2 roles (comes down to capturing tower behind enemy lines and sieging the otherside of keeps compared to our zerg/main army and then holding it).

In-game preperations:
We need siegeweapons for this, here is the shopping list + what we got (according to bloodthorne, if you got siegeweapons, please tell me)
- 10 arrow carts
- 10 siege rams - 3 rams on bloodthorne
- 5 ballistas
- 5 catapults
- 3 trebuchets
Siegeweapons cost money to acquire so please donate either gold or siegeweapons to the guild if able.

Future preperations:
We will need commanders when we go into full swing. Becoming a commander gives you the ability to create a squad (can be up to 50 people big) and shows the commander on the map (allowing for fast and easy observations/actions).
Becoming a commander costs 100 gold per person. Due to the high amount of gold (and multiple people needing it at later stages) everyone in the guild should donate some of their money in order to obtain it.

We will see you all tonight in WvW.
Posted Sep 6, 12
Votes:
Admins
Can't wait!
Posted Sep 6, 12 · OP
Votes:
You have to play archon tonight Dean
Posted Sep 6, 12
Votes:
Admins
asif lol